"My Home and the Pachinko Parlor" > 자유게시판

본문 바로가기

"My Home and the Pachinko Parlor"

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 ulCMps
댓글 0건 조회 0회 작성일 24-10-25 10:34

본문

I rarely raised my voice at my parents since I became an adult. However, there was a time when I yelled at my mother for the following reason.

When I was a homeroom teacher for third graders and was giving career guidance to my students, I casually mentioned that one of them had decided to work at a pachinko parlor. When my mother heard this, she suddenly sighed and said, "Poor thing."

He graduated from high school and got a job at a pachinko parlor, and his future was bleak. He'll never be able to get married or have good relationships with his neighbors. When I think about how his mother must feel, my heart feels like it's going to burst.

She said this with such sincerity. Basically, my mother is a kind and compassionate person, and she never lies in what she says.

So this was also her true feelings, and there was probably no falsehood in her words of concern for the student's mother.

However, I got angry and yelled at her, "There are things you can and can't say!"

My mother couldn't understand why I was angry at all, and she seemed to have misunderstood it as a criticism of my career guidance.

It's not that, I know you tried really hard. No matter how hard you tried, this kid just didn't study properly, so that can't be helped.

Of course, that wasn't my intention, I couldn't accept discriminating against my students because of their occupation, but no matter how much I said that, my mother couldn't understand until the end, and she didn't seem to understand what I was angry about.

For my mother, it was common knowledge that people who worked at pachinko parlors were good-for-nothings, and there was no room for discrimination.

It's true that gambling is hated in our family, and no one, including me, plays pachinko or slot machines, let alone horse racing or bicycle racing. My mother especially told me from a young age that pachinko parlors were like a den of devils, and when we occasionally went out to town and passed by a pachinko parlor, we were taught not to make eye contact with anyone who came out of there because they were all bad people. However, once you become a member of society, you can no longer say such things because you will have colleagues who go to pachinko parlors. Of course, there are many good people who love pachinko. So when I told my mother that she was being too discriminatory in her insults about pachinko, she got angry and said, "You don't go to pachinko parlors, do you?"

That's how bad pachinko looks to my mother.

By the way, I think this is unnecessary, but I don't hate pachinko because of its connection with Korea or anything like that. I hate not only pachinko, but also horse racing, bicycle racing, and totocalcio, and gambling in general. My father doesn't hate it that much, but he is a hardworking and serious person, so he still hates gambling in general, and the same was true for us children.

No matter how much they say, "There is no high or low in occupations," to my mother, pachinko parlors are an exception. It's not a matter of knowledge or logic.

People who discriminate are not aware of it. A lawmaker who opposed the LGBT bill said without any shame, "It's not discrimination, it's a distinction," but he himself has no real sense of discrimination. It's an "exception." White people who discriminate against black people must also be saying, "I'm not discriminating against black people, it's because there are only black people who are horrible." Discrimination against Koreans in Japan and discrimination against burakumin are all the same.

In the same way, you should never spread negative information about certain occupations because they are incompatible with your ideology. There are some people who firmly believe that positive information must be crushed as false.

He has no sense of discrimination at all, he thinks it's a distinction. That's why he can say, "There is no high or low occupation," and be fine with it.

I think that probably applies to me too, since he doesn't realize it himself.

Humans are scary.

Copyright © DEMAKE All rights reserved.